So fun project for my beautiful god daughter’s 10th birthday! I was requested to make Flowey but it me and I tend to go overboard! I made Flowey, Sans, Muffet and whoever the sad ghost is… someone out there I’m sure and help me out with that one.
When I said “made” my go-to is duct tape! Since these where wall decorations I used an old calander as the base for most of it. One it had no use and I like to repurpose but also the paper is sturdy but glossy which makes applying duct tape easier!
You can see I cut the different elements individually and then put the tape and details on!
They turned out great! Little girl was so excited!
Hope you enjoyed them as well!
To do it yourself you need:
- Sturdy paper preferably with a gloss
- Colored duct tape
I always pull images of the characters up on my computer and copy from there. For this particular project I did all the details separately. Since Sans is the one I have before and after pics of I’ll tell you how I made him:
- I free hand draw and cut out the elements that make up the character
- Started with the slippers drew one, cut it, traced it and cut the other
- Cut small pieces for his legs
- Next I did his shorts, I put him together as I cut each piece to see the fit
- Made a strip for his T-shirt, the part you can see so I didn’t waste much
- Again I made one half of his jacket then traced it for the other side, same with the collar
- Then his head and the details of his face
- Next step cover the pieces with the duct tape, trim the extra tape off (I save the cut off pieces to tape everything together and to fill holes)
- Once everything is colored start assembling your character, I stuck them first to each other with double-sided tape rolls then flipped it over and secured them a bit better on the back
If you are a classic Super Mario Brother’s fan, which I am, than this game is great! You get the first few Worlds with the free edition of the app in your google play store or whatever it is for you i-User’s. The entire App is $9.99. I admit I bought it. I’ve had at least $9.99 worth of enjoyment from the app but I will be honest most of what I do is Rally and that is available in the free version. Really you are just paying for access the all the Worlds.
Wondering how it works with just the touch of a finger? This is way it’s called Mario RUN! Mario is always in forward motion, he is always running! You touch the screen to jump. Timing really is the key here since you can’t go back, you can’t duck and you can’t just stop and wait unless you find a pause block or stop yourself behind a wall or pipe.
The worlds are fun. You move through each level collecting coins and killing enemies in typical Mario fashion. You beat Browser or one of his flunky’s to move onto the next world all in a race to save Princess Peach. Mario and Luigi still get BIG but as far as I have found there is no fire power (boo!) You can also be Peach, Yoshi of a few colors and Toadstools of a few colors. I like Luigi. He jumps better than Mario and i like that he gets BIG, it’s like an extra life only getting small when an enemy strikes you instead of dying!
Rallying, now this is what I enjoy most about the game. You go against another users character trying to collect more coins in a course than your opponent. You don’t “die”, You end up in a bubble. Just pop the bubble and you are off and running again! Of course you loss time and a few coins in the process! This is how you get more characters and open more decorations for your Mario Land. Toadstools cheer you on at the Rally’s, the more fans the better the score at the end!
Go for a RUN today with Mario RUN! Feel free to share pointers if you have any!