So fun project for my beautiful god daughter’s 10th birthday! I was requested to make Flowey but it me and I tend to go overboard! I made Flowey, Sans, Muffet and whoever the sad ghost is… someone out there I’m sure and help me out with that one.
When I said “made” my go-to is duct tape! Since these where wall decorations I used an old calander as the base for most of it. One it had no use and I like to repurpose but also the paper is sturdy but glossy which makes applying duct tape easier!
To do it yourself you need:
- Sturdy paper preferably with a gloss
- Colored duct tape
I always pull images of the characters up on my computer and copy from there. For this particular project I did all the details separately. Since Sans is the one I have before and after pics of I’ll tell you how I made him:
- I free hand draw and cut out the elements that make up the character
- Started with the slippers drew one, cut it, traced it and cut the other
- Cut small pieces for his legs
- Next I did his shorts, I put him together as I cut each piece to see the fit
- Made a strip for his T-shirt, the part you can see so I didn’t waste much
- Again I made one half of his jacket then traced it for the other side, same with the collar
- Then his head and the details of his face
- Next step cover the pieces with the duct tape, trim the extra tape off (I save the cut off pieces to tape everything together and to fill holes)
- Once everything is colored start assembling your character, I stuck them first to each other with double-sided tape rolls then flipped it over and secured them a bit better on the back